Tours, Travel and Excursions
So, you have chosen Costa Rica as your travel destination. We at Casa Bella Rita believe you have made the RIGHT decision. Costa Rica has some of the best nature and wildlife in the world. National Geographic magazine states that Costa Rica has areas with the most biodiversity in the world!
We at Casa Bella Rita have teamed with the best tour operators in Costa Rica to provide you the safest, most enjoyable and interesting trips for your money.
Private or Regular Tours?
Private Tours: If you want to set your own schedule while still enjoying the natural attractions of Costa Rica, Casa Bella Rita has the best bilingual drivers and tour guides in the area. As our guests you set the date and schedule to view any major attraction while also receiving VIP service and enjoy the perks of being on your own time and only with your own party. It’s a great way to see Costa Rica.
Regular Tours: We have teamed with the best tour operators in the country to make your vacation in Costa Rica full of exciting memories.
The selections are endless and almost overwhelming as to which tour is the best one for you. We at Casa Bella Rita will make suggestions based on your time limitations, expense and level of nerves! With so much to see and do let us help you plan your vacation.
Overnight Tours: Make Casa Bella Rita your home base for any overnight tours you would like to do and see. We will make sure you get to and from your destination safely and with ease by booking your transportation, overnight accommodations and tours.
Remember you can do as little as or as much as you want. After all, it is YOUR holiday!
Tours Departing from San Jose
Try the ultimate "Waterfall Rappel". Great for all ages and totally safe with the best canyoneering specialist in Costa Rica.
Póas Volcano National Park
One of the world's largest geysers with an awesome crater, this volcano is active but completely safe for viewing. Póas National Park is a 9,884-acre reserve with rich tropical vegetation and animal life. The tour includes a hike through the surrounding forest that is teeming with typical plant life and exotic birds.
The Pacific coast is a surf destination where you can catch great waves. Short boards, longs boards and lessons are available.
We have two world class golf courses within 30 minutes of Casa Bella Rita. Clubs carts and caddies are provided. Just bring your game!
The largest casino in Costa Rica is less than 25 minutes away. Enjoy slot machines, Caribbean Rummy, Roulette and Sportbooks 24 hours a day.
White Water Rafting
These are AMAZING tours and highly recommended to really see the natural beauty of Costa Rica. Guides will instruct you on how to manage yourself into the strong currents of the river.
Class III - Sarapiquí River/Reventazón River
Class IV - Pascua and Pacuare River
Arenal Volcano Tours
Spend one or two days in this spectacular area. Choose from Caves, River Safari Tours, Hanging Bridges, Hots Springs, Kayaking on Lake Arenal and incredible Night Walks. We at Casa Bella Rita will arrange for your transportation, lodging and tours. The choices are endless at Arenal.
My favorite tour! LaPaz Waterfall Gardens, because it's magical. Poás Volcano, because of it's magnitude and Doka Coffee Tour because it's so interesting. Our driver will make sure you have the time of your life.
We have teamed with the best spas and salons in the area for all of your personal pampering needed from massages, facials, pedicures, manicures, hair cut and color.
San Jose City Tour
An excellent way to see the city life, shop for souvenirs, visit the museums and enjoy a delicious typical Costa Rican fare.
Sarchi Oxcart Factory
Start with a wonderful drive through some of the largest coffee and sugar cane plantations. View the famous metal church in Grecia then tour the fascinating factories of Sarchi where they build the famous oxcarts of Costa Rica. A great place to purchase wooden handicrafts.
Carara Biological Reserve
Located in the rainforest, this is a perfect spot for exploring trails under the canopy of huge trees. Scarlet macaws, armadillos, collared peccary, howler monkeys and sloths can all be found in this incredible park.
Lankester Gardens & Orosi Valley Tour
The Lankester Gardens are a tropical paradise featuring over 800 varieties of exotic orchids, tropical flowers and plant life. Continue with a ride through the unique beauty of the famous Orosi Valley and Reventazón River. See the enchanting "Dreamers House" along the way.
The Toucan Rescue Ranch
A privately run wildlife rescue facility focusing on the care, rehabilitation and study of Costa Rican toucans, parrots, owls, sloths and other rescue animals.
See the forest as the monkeys do in this once-in-a-lifetime experience. Nature lovers and adrenaline junkies alike will love this unique natural encounter.
Tierra Tica Ram Luna Dinner and Entertainment Package
Astounding views of the Central Valley at nightfall with a delicious Costa Rican buffet served as you enjoy the entertaining masquerades and dances. Available on Wednesday night only.
La Paz Waterfall Gardens
This will be your ultimate Costa Rican experience of birds, butterflies, hummingbirds, snakes, orchids, wild cats, orchids, life as it once was in Costa Rica, frogs, and waterfalls. A mid-morning tour is available for those that want to sleep in a little!
These other unforgettable tours are also available
Espiritu Santo Coffee Tour, Botanical Orchid Garden, Zoo Ave, Else Kientzler Botanical Garden, The Butterfly Farm, The Best of the Pacific, Volcano Irazú and many more located in the Central Valley for your pleasure from Casa Bella Rita.
This is just a sampling of what the Central Valley has to offer. Being in the Central Valley puts you in the center of the country and just a short drive to national parks, exciting tours and the Pacific coast.
Casa Bella Ritas "Tour and Travel" service will help you book the perfect vacation.
Tours Departing from the Caribbean Coast
Through our Caribbean tour partner Gecko Trail Adventures we also recommend the following tours and activities on the Caribbean Coast. They can also book you hotels in Puerto Viejo or Cahuita along with your transport there.
We offer a wide variety of tours
and activities in many different areas of Costa Rica. Here is a selection of some of our offerings.
book any of these here on the website or contact us for
information if there's something you'd like information on that you don't see below.
Whitewater Rafting/River Trips
- Pacuare River: One Day Our most popular trip and Costa Rica's most beautiful rafting river. Class III-IV rapids for lots of excitement but suitable for anyone 12+ in decent shape.
- Two Day Hike and Paddle Rafting Trip Spend the night at a lodge on the river between two days of river rafting, hiking and enjoying the best natural experience Costa Rica has to offer!
- Pacuare Lodge Honeymoon Getaway Three day/two night trip of a lifetime at the Pacuare River Lodge including deluxe accommodation, meals, rafting, canopy.
- Reventazón River: Pascua Section A higher level of excitement or for those wanting something different, minimum age 15
- Reventazón River: Florida Section Calmer waters but with enough adventure to keep your on the edge of your seat! Ages 9+
- Rio Tenorio - Arenal/Guanacaste This is the best and most adventurous way to travel between Arenal/Monteverde and the Pacific beaches! Go rafting on your way from one destination!
- Rio Toro - Arenal Imagine rafting through exciting, action-packed class III-VI rapids on beautiful Rio Toro.
- Rio Sarapiqui - Arenal The Sarapiquí River is one of Costa Rica's most-exuberant rivers and offers 2 different dificulty levels.
- Rio Balsa - Arenal The best half-day class II-III rafting closest to the Arenal Volcano, that also works as Adventure Connection between San Jose and Arenal and Arenal and Manuel Antonio and Jaco!
Caribbean Jungle, Nature & Wildlife
- Animal Rescue Centre, Waterfall and Chocolate House Three of our favorite local activities combined. See the Jaguar Animal Rescue Centre and interact up close with the animals. Get a tour of a local indigenous family making chocolate. Hike to a beautiful waterfall.
- Tortuguero Canal and Banana Plantation See the Tortuguero Canals by boat on this day trip from Puerto Viejo or Cahuita. Also tour a Banana Planation and learn more about these fruits.
- Caribbean Canopy & Zipline See the jungle from up in trees and experience the thrill of flying through over 2500 meters of zipline cable
- Canyoning The ultimate combo of adventure and nature: rappeling up a tropical waterfall.
- Cahuita Boat, Snorkel and Hiking Trip Cahuita National Park is one of the highlights of the area. This trip includes a guided hike and a boat ride with a stop for snorkeling in the coral reefs.
- Gandoca-Manzanillo Refuge Jungle Hike This extensive reserve is home to a wide variety of animals and plants; your local guide will teach you much about what you are seeing amd the scenery is spectacular too!
- River and Sea Kayaking with Rainforest Hike Kayaking on the ocean at the beautiful Punta Uva and up the Rio Ernesto followed by a guided jungle hike.
- Full Day Jungle Adventure A full day of adventures: ATV ride, jungle hike, canyoning, tree climbing, canopy & zipline, Tarzan swing and a rappel!
- Nighttime Turtle Watching Take the opportunity to travel through time and go back to the beginning of evolution, represented by the nesting of these live fossils. This is an unforgettable night walk along the Gandoca Beach
- Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling Head out from Puerto Viejo or Cahuita on a boat where we'll look for dolphins and then snorkel (or dive) on the reef.
- Bird Watching Don't miss the amazing biodiversity of Costa Rica—head out with our expert guide and you'll be amazed at the numbers of birds we have in the area
- Aiko Logi Reserve Farm and Reserve in the Talamanca mountains with abundant opportunities for nature viewing and hiking. Day or overnight trips
Caribbean Learning about Indigenous Communities
Day Trips from Caribbean Coast
Caribbean Local Activities
- Surf Lessons Learn to surf or improve your skills. The Puerto Viejo area has beaches for all abilities.
- ATV Jungle Tour Explore the jungle on an all terrain vehicle (ATV).
- Horseback Riding Riding horseback along the beautiful beaches of the Caribbean Coast is the perfect way to explore the area. Suitable for riders of all experiences (or none).
- Fishing trip Full and half day private trips with a small boat and captain or the option to go "Fishing with the Captain".
- Scuba Diving A variety of diving packages and lessons are available whether you are certified or not.
- Pure Jungle Spa: Massages, Facials and more Massage, facials and unique body treatments using local jungle ingredients in a beautiful setting.
- Beach Massage Massage del Mar is massage by the beach in a beautiful setting. Private or with two therapists for side by side therapies.
Things to do in San Jose/Day trips from San Jose
- San Jose City Tour City tour of some of San Jose's historic sites and museums
- Arenal Volcano and Hot Springs Tour One day tour to and from Arenal. You'll see the volcano viewpoint then enjoy the hotsprings and facilities of the The Springs or Baldi resort (your choice) plus dinner with a volcano view!
- Canopy and Zipline Tour Enjoy the thrill and the unique perspective on nature from this aerial tour. Offering zipline adventures with roundtrip transport to/from San Jose.
- Poas Volcano Half Day Tour See the famous active Poas Volcano.
- Poas Volcano and La Paz Waterfalls See both the Poas Volcano and the La Paz Waterfall on this combo tour.
- Irazu Volcano, Orosi Valley & Lankester Gardens A trip to the spectacular Irazu volcano is combined with the lush scenery of the Orosi Valley and the gorgeous Lankester Gardens.
- Isla Tortuga Visit Costa Rica's only island and enjoy the unique sites and deserted white sand beaches of this isolated paradise.
- Best of the Pacific First you will take a boat trip on the Tarcoles River where you can spot the wild crocodiles. Once you arrive on the Pacific you'll have time on the beach or to take a walk and enjoy the amenities of the Punta Leona Resort.
Activities in Arenal & Monteverde Areas
- Arenal Volcano Hike & Hot Springs The volcano viewpoint then enjoy the hotsprings and facilities of the famous Tabacon or Baldi resort (your choice) plus dinner with a volcano view!
- Arenal Horseback Ride to Waterfall The beautiful Arenal waterfall is a lovely half day adventure. And how better to explore it than on one of our gentle horses?
- Sky Trek and Sky Tram - Arenal Enjoy the thrill and the unique perspective on nature from this aerial tour. Zipline or tram - your choice!
- Lost Canyon Adventures Canyoneering This unique, multi-sport adventure combines rappelling, down-climbing and river tracing in a deep, tropical canyon. It is an experience of a lifetime – go where very few have had the privilege to roam!
- Lake Arenal Sunset Houseboat Cruise Two and a half hour sunset time tour on Lake Arenal aboard a luxurious houseboat. Enjoy volcano and lake views with drinks, dinner or snacks.
- Mountain Bike Tour between Arenal and Monteverde Do a fun and challenging mountain bike trip between Arenal and Monteverde and use it as a means of transportation between the two cities.
- Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge A birdwatcher's delight! This refuge near the Nicaragua border is one of the world's most important wetlands. We take you on a boat ride of the Rio Frio to experience it!
- Arenal Hanging Bridges Bridges and trails which blend seamlessly into the rainforest give you a unique way to get up close to the incredibly diverse rainforest to see birds, flowers and more.
- Rio Celeste Full Day Tour Guided rainforest hike to magical Rio Celeste Waterfall, Los Teñideros lagoon with its turquoise water and the steaming volcanic fumaroles
- Arenal to Monteverde Boat+Shuttle Crossing Why spend the day in a car between Arenal and Monteverde? Taking a boat is the way to go! You can also add a coffee and fishing tour if you like!
- Arenal to Monteverde Horseback Ride In this unique tour, you'll spend the day riding the shores of Lake Arenal enroute between La Fortuna and Arenal. Your luggage will be sent ahead.
- Hike to the Santa Elena Reserve Verdant jungle with adundant plant and animal life. This reserve offers some exceptional hiking and a guided hike is the best way to see everything.
- Monteverde Twilight Tour As the sun is setting, there is a unique opportunity to see both day and nighttime animals.
- Hike to the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve The Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve is the largest private protected place in the area. With its magical setting and rich diversity of life you'll easily understand why this area was protected.
- Monteverde Coffee Tour Learn all about the process of growing, picking, preparing and roasting coffee at a farm in one of the world's best coffee growing areas.
- Sky Trek and Sky Tram - Monteverde Enjoy the thrill and the unique perspective on nature from this aerial tour. Zipline, hanging bridges or tram - your choice!
- Monteverde Horseback Riding Tours Head out on a happy, well-cared for horse to explore the trails around Monteverde. See birds, butterflies and waterfalls!
Activities in Nicoya Pennisula
- Costa Rica transport planner Our transport planner let's you see all the transport options (schedules and prices) between any two points in Costa Rica and choose the one that works best for you.
- Airport pickup and bus ticket Bus tickets can sell out and then there's the confusion of finding the right bus station in San Jose so this service solves both problems. Our driver picks up your bus tickets, then meets your flights at the airport and brings you to the bus station. The pickup and bus ticket are both included in the price.
- San Jose Airport Pickup Be a VIP! Our driver will monitor and meet your flight and bring your directly to your San Jose area hotel